The Peg Perego car seat is designed to be installed in Forward-Facing mode (FF) or Rear-facing mode (RF). Do not use or install a child restraint before reading and comprehending all the instructions outlined in the given manual. This will help you avoid any serious injuries to your baby. Let us get started.
Peg Perego Installation Instructions
How to install Peg Perego Car Seat
- 1Park your car on a level ground
- 2Move the handle to an upright position so that you can take the seat off the base. Start by placing your hands on the top of your seat back, and then pull the handle up with your fingers. For an easy release, pull near the center of the handle.
- 3Position your base rear in such a way that it faces the backseat of your vehicle. To be sure about the position, check the level indicator and ensure the pointer is in the green area. If the pointer is not positioned in the green area, turn the knob right or left to get it to the correct position.
- 4Remove the two anchor latches on the sides of the base from their storage housing. This is done by first loosening the latch strap by pulling or pressing on the available grey button. On top of the latch, there is a red button—press it down and then pull the latch out of its housing. Repeat the process on the other side.
- 5Between your seat bottom and seat back, there is a bar located there. Insert each of the latches onto the anchor bar.
- 6Be sure that the latch strap is fitted flat against the base.
- 7Pull the latch strap's free end to tighten the seat against the base. For further tightening, use your body weight to press down the base.
Check your level indicator and ensure the pointer is still in the green area. If the pointer is outside the green area, adjust it until it is back to the green area. You might need to slightly loosen your straps to do so.
Check out this video for a visual demo of the installation process.
Peg Perego base installation
The Peg Perego seat can be installed using the Universal Anchorage System (UAS) or the vehicle seat belt. Let us look at the steps involved in installing the base using the UAS system.
- 1Ensure your vehicle is parked on a level ground
- 2Open the front cover and the lock-off clip.
- 3Remove the two available UAS connectors from their housing by pushing the red button and pulling the connectors out.
- 4Press on the adjustor button to elongate the strap
- 5Position the load leg so that it leans the base on the seat and clicks in the down position.
- 6Level the base by doing the following: position your base rear so that it faces the backseat of your vehicle. To be sure about the position, check the level indicator and ensure the pointer is in the green area. If the pointer is not positioned in the green area, turn the knob right or left to get it to the correct position.
- 7Between the cushion and your vehicle seat backrest, there are anchors located there; insert each of your Universal Anchorage System onto the bar and press until you hear a click.
- 8Keep your lock-off clip open and ensure the e UAS strap is threaded flat against the base.
- 9Pull the free end of the latch strap to tighten the seat against the base. For further tightening, use your body weight to press down the base. Try to pull and push on the base. It can move more than 1 inch (2.5 cm). You will need to tighten the belt further.
- 10Check your load leg and adjust the foot. To freely move the load leg foot to the desired position, you will need to first push the button down. For correct adjustment, the pin should lock in place. The foot should be touching the floor of the vehicle, and space should be allowed between the edge of the seat and the base.
- 11Press on the lever to tightly close on the lock-off clip.
- 12Check your level indicator, which has three zones that show the appropriate backrest angle based on your child's weight. Be sure to select the bubble area.
You can check out this video for a visual demo of how you can properly install the Peg Perego base.
Peg Perego seat belt installation
The Peg Perego child seat is designed to be installed with vehicle belts. There are several seat belts. For the safe installation of this car seat, you need to choose the most suitable belt. Let us look at the steps involved in the Peg Perego seat belt installation.
- 1Open the lock-off clip thread.
- 2Ensure the lap portion of the belt is well inserted in the slots on the base. If not, connect it to its buckle and press down on the base.
- 3Pull the shoulder section of the vehicle belt through the back of the seat. This helps in tightening the restraint against the vehicle seat.
- 4Check your car seat and ensure that it is securely fastened with the seat belt.
- 5For proper protection of your child, make sure the car seat is tightly harnessed to the vehicle with a seat belt.
You can check out this quick video for a visual demo of how to install the Peg Perego seat belt.
Peg Perego Car Seat Cleaning Instructions
Your Peg Perego Car Seat requires a minimum of cleaning and maintenance. Proper cleaning and maintenance will enhance performance as well as increase the lifespan of the car seat. When it comes to the Peg Perego seat cleaning and maintenance, always keep the following in mind.
- 1Keep all the moving parts of the Peg Perego Car Seat clean. If necessary, the parts should be lubricated with light oil.
- 2All plastic parts should not be cleaned with harsh products or solvents but with a damp cloth.
- 3The fabric parts should be brushed regularly to remove dust.
- 4Protect your Peg Perego Car Seat against rain, water, and snow. Constant exposure of the product sunlight will change the material colors. The sun can also make the seat hot for the baby. Make sure your seat is cool before putting the baby on it.
- 5Avoid also exposing parts of the seat to the sun. Long periods of exposure for the plastic parts make them brittle.
- 6Store your Peg Perego Car Seat in a dry area
Let us get started with the car seat cleaning and instructions.
How to clean Peg Perego car seat
- 1Detach the shoulder belts, and pull the bottom portion of the upholstery upwards, ensuring that all the shoulder belts are let through the side openings
- 2Check the adjuster and ensure it is free of debris or food particles that can prevent it from functioning correctly.
- 3Remove all the padding from top to bottom while ensuring that the side impact wings’ white EPS are not broken or bent in the process.
- 4Ensure to follow the proper and required procedure when reassembling the seat. Start from the head panel to the straps. This will ensure nothing gets spoiled.
You can check out this quick video for a demo of how to clean the Peg Perego car seat.
Peg Perego Car Seat Adjustment Instructions
Peg Perego Car Seat Adjustments involve processes that should be followed to the latter. Any slight miss might get you frustrated on how you can get things done. Let us look at some of the adjustment instructions.
How to adjust Peg Perego car seat
- 1Push the release button and pull the shoulder straps before placing your kid in the seat.
- 2Push down the red button to open the buckle and then proceed to open the chest clip
- 3Insert each of the buckle tongues to the sidebands and pull the crotch section of the harness structure in a forward position
- 4Put your child on the seat with their back and bottom flat on the child restraint
- 5For shoulder strap level adjustments, you can pull a ring positioned on top of the headrest till the panel is disengaged and can move
Check out this quick youtube video for a demo of how to adjust your Peg Perego car seat.
How to loosen straps on Peg Perego car seat
Follow the following steps to correctly adjust a Clek Foonf infant seat:
- 1Depress and hold the harness adjustment button located in the slot allotted for your baby’s feet
- 2Pull the top harness
- 3Note: It is not safe to ride in a loose car seat
Check out this video on how to loosen straps on the Peg Perego car seat.
How to recline Peg Perego convertible car seat
- 1Pull the handle located just below the shell front edge.
- 2You should be able to hear an audio click if the seat is properly locked to a position.
- 3Use your free hands to lift the back of the seat slightly. Your seat is now reclined.
- 4Be sure your car seat is not reclined too much before you place your baby there. Too much reclining can eject your baby from the seat or get the baby injured.
For a visual demonstration of how to recline Peg Perego convertible car seat check out this video
How to remove Peg Perego car seat from the base
- 1Move the handle to the upright position
- 2Position your hands on top of the seatback
- 3Pull the release lever with your fingers
- 4For easier release, pull the seat near the center of the lever
For a visual demonstration on how to remove the Peg Perego car seat from the base, check out this video.
Peg Perego Car Seat Manual
Do not use or install a Peg Perego car until you read and fully understand all the procedures and guidelines provided by the official manual. To avoid any accidents and further serious injuries, make sure you follow all the provided instructions carefully and buckle your child using the 5-point harness. Peg Perego Car Seat weight limit is 1.8 – 15.9 kg (4 – 35 Lbs), while the maximum height is 81.3 cm (32 inches).
With two kids of my own, I’m passionate about child safety! I’m a research nerd who’s on a mission to make the world a safer place for kids – starting with car seats!
To contact me directly please click here.
Leave a Reply