Clek Fllo Installation Instructions
Every child seat is different, which is why we’re offering you these instructions specific to Clek Fllo car seats. Learn how to install, clean and adjust it for use with your loved ones. Realize that the instructions that apply to one child might not apply to another. Use the portions that are appropriate for your children’s age, height and weight.
WARNING: Please never use the car seat without the headrest attached. Before you install your Clek Fllo car seat in the proper position, you need to assemble the headrest by attaching it to the car seat body. Refer to the provided instructions and use the tool included in your car seat package for attaching the headrest before you use this for your child.
If you need more information about the preliminary assembly process, refer to this page. It has a list of video tutorials regarding this. It also includes information about strap adjustment and more details about setting recline position, installing and removing, measuring for child use and more.
Remember, you must not place the child in forward-facing mode unless they meet the weight and height requirements and is at least a year old. Please refer to the owner’s manual for more information before placing your child in this seat. Also refer to the manual that came with your car seat for instructions on how to tell if the car seat is too small.
1. Clek Fllo forward-facing installation
Step-by-step instructions for forward-facing installation
- 1Set the car seat facing the front of your vehicle and in the back seat.
- 2Send the car’s shoulder and lap seatbelts through the provided car seat seatbelt slots.
- 3Buckle down the car seat and make sure it’s as tight as possible against the vehicle’s back seat.
- 4Make sure your child’s ears are below the top of the car seat’s headrest.
- 5If child’s ears are above the headrest in the highest adjustment position, your child has outgrown this car seat.
- 6Buckle the child’s shoulder straps as close to your child’s shoulders as possible.
- 7Buckle the crotch strap.
- 8If the car seat feels too tight, you might need to upgrade to a larger one or use a booster seat.
- 9Look at the owner’s manual and the following video for more details about safely installing your car seat in forward-facing position.
- 10Watch the following video on how to secure a forward-facing child.
How to Secure Forward-Facing Child Video
The following video shows you how to secure a forward-facing child and make sure that child stays snug. It also provides steps with visual demonstrations of placing a child correctly in the seat.
You’ll need to know how to prepare your car seat for installation, and this starts with product assembly. Therefore, you’ll want to first watch the series of videos on preparing your car seat for use before watching the following video. Then, we advise you to refer to the instructions both in the owner’s manual and other videos on the Fllo website as well as viewing the below video.
The owner’s manual provides details that relate to this video concerning the following issues: Recommending clothing for car seat use, harness and strap safety, reminder to never leave a child in the car alone, and other information vital to your child’s life when using the car seat.
2. Clek Fllo rear facing installation
You must place all infant weighing fewer than 22 lbs (10 kg) or less than a year old in the rear-facing position. The American Academy of Pediatrics also recommends you place your child facing the rear of your vehicle until they are 2 years old or the maximum for their height and weight. Please check the owner’s manual and read it carefully before you place your child in this seat.
Step-by-step instructions for Clek Fllow rear-facing installation
- 1Place the car seat in the back seat.
- 2Feed the shoulder and lap belts through the appropriate car seat slots and latch them.
- 3Make sure the seatbelts are tightened as much as possible to secure car seat position.
- 4Place child in secured car seat.
- 5Make sure you leave at least 1 in (2.5 cm) of space below top of headrest.
- 6Adjust shoulder harness straps as close as possible to your child’s shoulders.
- 7Send the crotch strap through the inner crotch strap slot.
- 8Latch all car seat belts.
- 9Watch the following video or refer to the owner’s manual about how to secure a rear-facing child.
How to Secure a Rear-Facing Child
Before referring to this video, you’ll want to make sure you have adhered to all safety instructions provided in the owner’s manual. You also can use this reference page of video tutorials. The following video outlines how to make sure your child fits snugly in the car seat.
You will also want to refer to documentation in the owner’s manual, which also tells you why an adult must secure the child and not let children do it by themselves. Recommendations about clothing and why not to use blankets is also provided.
Clek Fllo Adjustment Instructions
WARNING: Serious injury or death can occur if using this car seat without the headrest. Please attach that first to the body of the car seat before ever placing your child in it. Never use this car without it’s headrest – ever. There’s a tool and instructions provided within the owner’s manual to show you how to install the headrest to the car seat. The following instructions are for adjusting the car seat’s position after it has been assembled.
1. How to adjust Clek Fllo recline positions
Use the steps shown below and in the video provided to increase and decrease the recline angle, and refer to the owner’s manual for all guidelines for your child’s height.
Step-by-step Recline position instructions
Reminder: Make sure you test your car seat’s installation before and after making any adjustments to make sure it remains secure. This will ensure maximum safety for your child.
If you need to increase the recline angle:
- 1Place the car seat in the position appropriate for your child’s age, height and weight.
- 2Adjust the car seat to the right angle using the anti-rebound bar.
- 3Press on the back of the seat cushion area as you tighten the LATCH belt.
- 4A small gap between the recline foot and vehicle seat is fine, but make sure you follow instructions concerning how much the gap should be.
- 5Use a tightly rolled towel, if necessary to help correct the recline angle. A pool noodle for this is NOT recommended, as it can cause an unstable car seat installation.
If you need to decrease the recline angle:
- 1Adjust the seat back position more upright using the anti-rebound bar.
- 2Press down on the front seat cushion area edge as you tighten the LATCH belt.
- 3Make sure the angled base area is in “full contact” with the vehicle back seat. NO overhang should be allowed.
- 4Please take a look at the following video or owner’s manual for more information.
Note: For the Clek Fllo recline positions1Jai:Refer to page 15 of owner’s manual to finish this.
Clek Fllo Cleaning Instructions
If you feel you need to remove the seat back cover, please refer to the removal instructions provided in the owner’s manual. Usually, you don’t need the back seat cover unless it’s too heavily soiled.
1. How to clean Clek Fllo fabric
You might need to brush or scrap off any dried spots. Then, wipe the surface with water. Otherwise, refer to the owner’s manual as well as the following instructions.
Step-by-step cleaning instructions
- 1Mix about a capful or spoonful of detergent with water into a spray bottle.
- 2Spray the water-detergent mixture onto the fabric.
- 3Scrub the spot with a brush working from the outside toward the middle.
- 4Let the worked solution sit on the cloth surface for at least a minute.
- 5Rinse with clean water using a wet towel.
- 6User a clean, dry towel to pat the spotted area dry.
Using the Clek Fllo Cleaning Kit
Our mission is to make all maintenance as simple as possible. This video offers you detailed instructions on using a Clek Fllow cleaning kit. It ensures that you use the methods and cleaners that will preserve the life of your car seat for as long as you need to use it.
Download the Clek Fllo Car Seat Manual
For further assistance, download the Clek Fllo manual here. An English and Canadian version is available. You also will find a number of video tutorials on the product website to assist you further with every step of safely preparing and using your Clek Fllo car seat.
With two kids of my own, I’m passionate about child safety! I’m a research nerd who’s on a mission to make the world a safer place for kids – starting with car seats!
To contact me directly please click here.